The Riverton Elementary School, along Redwood Road and 12600 South, was built during 1925-30 and is the oldest public school building surviving in Riverton. According to its NRHP nomination in 1996, it is significant historically as representing "the adaptation of schools to meet the needs associated with providing appropriately sized and wholesomely designed spaces in which children could be taught," and for its long service in the community of Riverton.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
It now houses the Riverton City Office.
The building was originally a school. It used to be three different buildings which then became two building when the main building was combined. They are now all technically one building thanks to an adjoining bridge between what is now the main offices and the Community Center. The originally structure has changed dramatically due to rennovations, fire, and other buliding occupants and purposes.
The building is now used for community events and is the main city offices for Riverton. The courthouse and council room were major rennovations. Registrations, licenses, and other paperwork can be filled out here. It is also the spot where the community theater meets for rehearsals and performances.
It is publically accessible during all hours of operation.
For more information go to the About page.
If you would like to visit the adress is:
12830 S. Redwood Rd.
Riverton, UT 84065