This home was constructed in 1892 by Stephan and Mary Bunnell on their 60-acre farm. The original properly included several out building. Some remodeling was done in 1910. The property was sold by the Bunnells in 1939 and slowly parceled off to various individuals.
By the 1950's the house was used for storing hay and sheltering horses. In 1966, the land was purchased by the state of Utah for the UVSC Campus. Faculty members and students began to restore the deteriorated residence. Although much has been done to restore the home to its original condition, new construction including the addition of skylights, a spiral staircase, and modern bathrooms and kitchen, altered the interior.