Johannes Huber was the catalyst by which hundreds of Swiss immigrants establisehd themselves in Midway and the west. He immigrated by ox train in 1863, over seeing sixty convertys to the Mormon church, including his future wife. About St. George's Cathedral, Jerusalem

Brigham Young called Huber to return and serve as President of the Swiss-German Mission, 1871-1874, where he translated and published the Book of Mormon.

Maria Magdalena Munz Huber was schooled in the fabrication of textiles and lace. She extended this homesite as a refuge and gathering place for community events, especially in music and the arts.

Huber built this one-story, wood frame house in 1878. Inner adobe brick walls were covered with board-and-batten in a hall-parlor plan. Two later lean-to additons were used as dining and kitchen work areas. In the gabled attic slept nine of ten children. Travertine lime-stone was gathered from warm mineral springs to form the two-foot thick walls of the creamery, c. 1885.

John Huber wrote the history of Midway from 1859-1910. He died in the home in 1914, his widow, Mary Huber, i935, and their youngest son, Joseph, remained until the inception of Wasatch Mountain State Park. The the building sat vacant for decades after the purchase. Thanks to the vision of Huber's great-granddaughter Marie Dagleish, the generosity of David Huber, and the efforts of the staff at Wasatch Mountain State Park, the ranch house and creamery have been meticulously restored.

The creamery, built around 1900 of local "pot rock," was in particularly dire condition. The front wall had settled and was tipping away from the building. Utilizing extensive documentation from old photographs, family records, and on-site artifacts, a team of skilled architects and contractors restored each individual architectural component to its original appearance. The house's historic kitchen which had been removed was reconstructed in its original location using archaeological evidence and photos.

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places 1988.

To tour the Huber Grove and Home call 435-654-1791. Tour times vary during Winter and Summer seasons. The tour is free and open to all.

The official address is Wasatch Mountain State Park, Midway UT 84049.