The Thomas N. Taylor House is a historic house located at 342 North 500 West in Provo, Utah. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built in 1904, the Thomas N. Taylor house exemplifies the "dream home" of many in Utah's second generation. This house is significant as the most outstanding and well-preserved example of the Classical Box style in Provo. The box style was used extensively in Salt Lake City but was not common in Provo. Its classical detailing, irregular massing and unaltered condition make it particularly distinctive among the limited number of Provo examples of this type. Thomas N. Taylor was a popular man in the area. He served as manager of the Taylor Brothers Store, Provo mayor, and President of the Utah Stake of the LDS Church (Historic Provo p. 9). The Thomas Taylor House was designated to the Provo City Landmarks register as of July 28, 1995.
Thomas N. Taylor was born in 1868 in Provo, Utah, the son of George Taylor Sr. and Eliza Nicholls Taylor. His father, George Taylor Sr., had founded the Taylor furniture store in 1866, which was the first furniture store in Provo. In 1890 the business was incorporated as the Taylor Brothers Company with George, Jr., as vice-president and his mother, Eliza Nicholls Taylor as president. The business expanded, and with new lines of products and new departments, the Taylor Brothers Company became the first big "department store" in Provo (National Park Service p. 2). Thomas' education consisted of attending Provo schools and eventually Brigham Young Academy (now university). He married Maud Rogers in the L.D.S. Manti temple in the year 1889. Thomas was a political man. He was mayor of Provo from 1900 to 1903, and a candidate for governor of Utah as a democrat in 1920, although he did not win the election. Thomas was also active in his religion. A prominent member of the L.D.S. faith, Taylor served as bishop of the Provo Third Ward for nineteen years and subsequently served as president of the Utah Stake for twenty years. Taylor also served as a stake patriarch within the LDS Church. Also active within the community, Thomas was a member of the board of trustees of Brigham Young University and served as chairman of that group and of the University of Utah Board of Regents. Taylor also helped to establish the Utah Valley Hospital. Thomas Taylor died in 1950. As for his home, "The house was deeded to Taylor Brothers after Taylor's death. In 1957 David S. Nelson bought the house. He owned it for sixteen years, then sold the house to Verl G. Dixon, a former mayor of Provo.
Thomas N. Taylor's House is now currently White Willow Reception Center. An extension has been added to accommodate the business that was not previously part of the original house. In 2015, White Willow Reception Center received The Daily Herald Best in Utah Valley Award.